‘Waterlands’ out 29/04/22
Northern singer/songwriter, Scott Lloyd is to release his second album entitled ‘Waterlands’ on Friday 29th April 2022.
- Meet Me at the Bluebell
- In The Water
- With Different Eyes
- Stepping Stones
- Old Scrapbook
- It’s All For You
- Miss You Dearly
Press only link to the forthcoming album:
Hailing from the northern town of Middlesbrough, Scott Lloyd is an English singer songwriter who has been releasing EPs and albums for the last ten years. In his younger years, Scott was influenced by his fathers passion for music which eventually lead him to teaching himself the acoustic guitar. Scott’s music is known for its melodic and lyrical qualities. A combination of Neil Young’s emotional and personal lyricism and The Beatles’ catchy and flowing melodies, with recognisable influences from Simon & Garfunkel, Richard Hawley and The Coral.
After graduating from Manchester Metropolitan University, Scott moved to Manchester and self-released a string of EPs which were well received among listeners and critics alike. He self-recorded and released EPs such as Long Live You EP, The Northern Gate EP, Give Me Something EP & Ironopolis EP. This, along with consistently playing live at open mic nights around Manchester, built up a solid reputation for Scott as a talented musician. He was picked up by BBC Introducing and his music was regularly featured on shows as well as being invited on for live sessions on air. In 2016 he formed a band with local musicians and recorded an EP at Limefield Studios in Middleton, Manchester entitled In The Garden EP.
In 2018 Scott signed to Cornwall based independent record label, Aardvark Records. Scott’s, self-titled debut album was released in early 2019. His debut album was recorded at Red Sand Studio in Chorlton, Manchester with producer Mathieu Garcia. Scott then crossed the Atlantic to America to perform acoustic shows on a tour along the west coast from San Francisco to Vancouver in Canada.
Scott, preferring to be the captain of his own ship, decided to go it alone again in 2019 and went back to being an unsigned artist. He spent the next two years writing and eventually recorded his second album at Red Sand Studios, Manchester. This album is entitled Waterlands and focusses on Scott’s love for rural life, and his passion for nature and gardening has definitely been woven into his signature, personal style of songwriting, producing a wonderful new flavour into Scott’s already soulful music.
Press images to use (Credit Ben Turner):
- Waterlands is Scott Lloyd’s second album.
- It was recorded at Red Sand Studio, Chorlton, Manchester from January 2020 to January 2022.
- The album was produced by Mathieu Garcia. Mathieu also produced Scott’s first album.
- 4 singles have currently been released from the album; With Different Eyes, In The Water, It’s All For You and Skylarks. Running is another single due to be released on 1st April.
- The artwork and promo shots were taken by Ben Turner in the Herefordshire countryside.
- Scott says “This album feels like my love letter to the rural side of life. I have grown a passion for all things nature related. Walking, gardening, bird watching, fishing and an all round love of nature & wildlife are things that have become a mainstay in my life, and they have become more important since the first lockdown. Nature was a huge solace for me as all my gigs and work quickly vanished when hospitality closed. Daily walks or being out working in the garden changed my life for the better. The album isn’t entirely about these loves, but each song became more of a reality to me from the calmness, happiness and wonder that the outdoors brought me, and through that the songs came into being.”